GlobalLogic is inviting an experienced Senior Data Engineer to join our engineering team.
GlobalLogic is currently building a Data Engineers team in Poland that is going to be a part of our UK subdivision that provides its customers from the financial sector with digital transformation services — mostly by moving from their legacy systems to the cloud platform.
- 4-6 years of experience in a Data Engineer role.
- Strong distributed systems knowledge.
- Strong software engineering/development skills.
- Practical experience with Apache Spark.
- Data processing experience at scale.
- Practical experience designing and implementing microservices.
- Team player with a passion for learning, programming, automation, and data processing.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communications skills.
Nice to have:
- Scala (practical experience with functional programming)
- MS Azure
- Bachelor/Master’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering program, or equivalent
- Databricks, Azure, Functional Programming, SQL
- You’ll be a technical contributor, as a software developer, in a cross-functional development team, focused on building out a full-featured data processing platform.
- Leverage big-data technologies for data processing, including Apache Spark, and Kubernetes.
- Contribute to the data platform ecosystem, including implementation of microservices or serverless components using Scala.
- Work with the DevOps engineers to design and build observability features (telemetry, tracing) and CI/CD.
- Interesting and challenging work in a large and dynamically developing company
- Exciting projects involving the newest technologies
- Professional development opportunities
- Excellent compensation and benefits package