ELEKS DevOps Office is looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer.
The client’s mission is to completely transform the way we use land in these unprecedented times of accelerating climate change, mass extinction and social divide. A novel, globally active company was founded to turn landowners and land stewards into producers and sellers of ecosystem services and products.
The client will integrate various geospatial data sources and make use of the latest machine learning models for satellite imaging, carbon footprint and biodiversity analysis. Furthermore, metagenomics, open supply chain, and other relevant data enables us to develop digital twins of land plots, assess ecosystem quality, verify proof of impact and tokenize the claims so that they can be traded or bundled into tradable assets.
- 5+ years of practical experience as a DevOps engineer, SRE, software engineer, or systems engineer operating large scale web applications
- Extensive knowledge of at least one major cloud provider
- Experience with administering linux systems at scale, ideally through some configuration management systems like Puppet, Chef, or Ansible
- Knowledge of ML frameworks, libraries, data structures, data modeling, and software architecture is a plus
- Sound knowledge of UNIX and TCP/IP network fundamentals
- Solid experience with concepts such as monitoring, infrastructure-as-code, CI/CD, containers (Docker & Kubernetes), and related tools
- Fluent in at least one of the major web programming languages as well as common engineering tools like Git, Jira, and Confluence
- Ability to debug and optimize code
- Automation comes naturally to you and is your first instinct
- You see value in agile methodologies like Scrum or Kanban and in applying engineering best practices, code reviews and pair programming, and automated tests
- As a team player, giving and receiving meaningful feedback helps you and your peers to improve and learn
- Strong problem-solving skills with a passion for observability and reliability
- You take ownership of your work, have a deep sense of responsibility, and keep yourself and your team accountable for the expected results
- Good communication skills in English (German is a plus)
- Help build a global-level technology platform with the necessary cloud infrastructure
- Leverage modern technologies like Docker and Kubernetes to build highly available systems which can scale on-demand
- Improve service resiliency through load testing, proactive monitoring, and by providing insights and metrics to the engineering teams
- Analysis and troubleshooting of incidents across the whole stack
- Automate deployments and fail-over of our systems and applications
- Implement robust security measures with well-designed security concepts
- Provide a world-class developer experience helping our teams to build, test and deploy code efficiently and reliably
You can apply here — jobs.lever.co/...pplied&lever-source=DOU
What will you get with ELEKS
- Above average compensation and competitive Social package
- Close cooperation with a customer
- Challenging tasks
- Competence development
- Ability to influence project technologies
- Projects from scratch
- Team of professionals
- Dynamic environment with low level of bureaucracy
ELEKS is a custom software development company. We deliver value to our clients, thanks to our expertise and experience gained from working as a software innovation partner since 1991.
Our 2000+ professionals located in the Delivery Centers across Eastern Europe and sales offices in Europe and North America, provide our clients with a full range of software engineering services. These include product development, QA, R&D, design, technology consulting and dedicated teams.