About the role. We are looking for a motivated Android developer with the ability to handle a range of technical and product-related challenges. Your job is to work on our Client + Driver Apps for Android devices and ensure that VanOnGo makes our customers smile every time they use our app.
Stack: Kotlin, Reactive programming (Rx, LiveData etc.), Coroutines, Retrofit, OkHttp, REST, Moshi/Gson, maps API, MVVM architecture.
Our Mobile team: 1 Android Developer, 1 IOS Developer, Head of Engineering.
• Experience with Kotlin (Application development 1y+), MVVM, Coroutines, Room, Realm, Firebase utilities, Material UI.
• A “Can-Do” Attitude: Always positive attitude and passion for learning in fast-paced environments. We move fast!
• Fast & Agile: Ability to excel in a constantly changing and rapidly growing workplace
• Understanding of mobile application design and UX.
• Understanding of SQL and NoSQL.
• Experience with REST.
• Good understanding of Multithreading.
• Ability to work with full development cycle (requirements, arch, doc, code, debug, tests, integration, deployment).
• Product thinking, clear understanding of the business value, strategic view.
Will be a plus:
• Basic Flutter Knowledge.
• Experience with Android NDK + JNI.
• Experience with maps API (MapBox, HERE, Google maps API).
• Experience in creating and using Modules and Libraries.
• Art of automated testing.
• Experience with the startup environment.
• Create application prototypes, develop software, test.
• Design development.
• Refactoring and bug fixing.
• Verify, validate, and compare new algorithms.
• Follow the selected development methodology.
• Document software (source code, user’s guide, etc).
• Work with version control (Git at least) and project management tools (JIRA).
• Quickly learn and apply software and non-software skills as needed to accomplish project goals.
• Participate in the generation of new research and product ideas for the overall company.
In return, we guarantee:
• Opportunity to influence the product: now we are in a phase of active development, no legacy code.
• Integrity and transparency in all processes: we use OKRs and SAFe methodology.
• Freedom of actions for joint goals achieving — there is no micromanagement.
• Technological solutions that impact on logistics of present and future.
• Your potential development: vertical and horizontal growth opportunities.
• PTO system: Vacations — 20 working days, Paid sick leaves — 25, Days off — 3, Days for Self-development — 2.
• Remote work with the excellent onboarding process, monthly CFR (Conversation, Feedback, Recognition) sessions, informal events, and VanOnGo University.
• The Team you’ll never been bored with: there are skippers, football players, writers, musicians, etc.